AIRE’s best, most stable all-around whitewater boat—ready to run big water. The “round” design, with its large tube diameters and long water lines, offers maximum stability and stiffness and makes it a great choice for groups and gear on big rivers. Set it up with an oar frame for extended trips, or occasionally run as a paddle raft.
The 156R is an all-purpose, expedition sized raft and the most popular of our bigger raft designs. It’s not too small for the Grand Canyon and not too large for the occasional paddle raft party trip down your favorite big river. The 156R can handle a sizeable 3-bay frame, a pile of gear, and an extra passenger or two. With a 22″ tube diameter all the way around the boat, the 156R has classic raft handling with extra stability in big water. The 156R is a comfortable, convenient raft for those who like to row from one big beach to the next.
- Favorite rivers: Big rivers with fun rapids from one camp to the next.
- Ideal for: 7+ day rowing expeditions or 8+ person paddle teams.
- Classic raft control and stability.
- Quick self-bailing lace-in floor.
- Add up to 4 strap-in thwarts anywhere along the floor lacing for paddle teams.
- 37 oz. double lacquer gray PVC on the chafe strip and raft bottom for extra resistance to abrasion.
- Outfitter used and approved.
- Prop65 WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including DEHP which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov