Rules are subject to change from year to year. No purchase necessary to enter.
The photo contest is open only to those who submit an entry via submission form, which will be available here below starting October 3rd 2022. Participants must be 18 years of age as of the date of entry. The Photo Contest is only open to legal residents of the United States of America and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Maravia and Cascade River Gear (the “Sponsor”) their respective subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Photo Contest. This Photo Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Cascade River Gear as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Photo Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
Entries will be accepted via submission form starting on Monday October 3, 2022 and ending Sunday, October 30, 2022. All entries must be received by Sunday, October 30, 2022 at 11:59PM MST.
The Photo Contest must be entered by submitting an entry through the submission form below. Please submit High Resolution photographs. (Feel free to send as many entries as you want per day during the contest) Only upload one image at a time. Before submitting, name your file: CTR-22-your first and last name plus the number of your entry. Example: CTR-22-AnselAdams1, CTR-22-AnselAdams2, etc.
Failure to rename your file will be an automatic disqualification for that entry.
With each photo submission the following is required:
- Full Name
- Phone Number
- Location of Photograph
- A brief description of how or why your photo is important to you…“How does the photo you are submitting capture your love for the river?”
The entry must fulfill all contest requirements, as specified, to be able to submit and be eligible to win a prize. Entries that do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Cascade River Gear. You may enter as many DIFFERENT photos for the term of the contest . The entries submitted during a week of the contest will be eligible for that week’s $100 Cascade Cash Prize. A duplicate entry from a previous week will not be considered for the current weeks $100 Cascade Cash Prize. Any duplicate entries from week to week or from previous years will not qualify for judging. (Ex. You have a beautiful splashy photo that you love. You try submitting it every week to win the weekly prize. It will only be considered for the weekly prize during the week you first submitted it.) If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Cascade River Gear.
- 1 (one) Weekly Winner each week of the contest will receive 1 (one) $100.00 (One Hundred Dollars Even) Cascade River Gear Gift Certificate.
- 1 (ONE) Grand Prize Winner | The Grand Prize Winner will be awarded a Cascade River Gear “Dream Boat Package” to include 1 Maravia boat (raft or cataraft) up to a 16’ Maravia Boat to be custom built and an Accessory Boat Package. The Grand Prize Winner will have up to $9,000 (Nine Thousand Dollars Even) retail value to work with when designing the boat itself. (This boat value or any left over is non-transferable to the accessories). The retail value of the Accessory Package is approximately $3,000.00 (Three Thousand Dollars Even). Sample Dream Boat Accessory Package can include: (1) Frame, (1) Dry Box, (2) Sawyer Square Top Oars, (1) 125 Qt. YETI Cooler, (2) Brass Alloy Oar Locks (1) Pair Phantom Soft Tie Oar Tethers, (1) Panic Spare Oar Holder, (3) Deluxe Keeper Pins, (1) Cascade 4” Tall Barrel Pump, (1) Standard Rescue Bag, and (4) 4’ Cascade River Gear Polypro Roller Cam Straps. You will be able to adjust your Accessory Package according to what you dream up with a limit of up to $3,000.00 (Three Thousand Dollars) retail value included in the Grand Prize. (This Accessory Package value or any left over is non-transferable to the boat chosen to design). The total maximum retail value allowed of the Cascade River Gear “Dream Boat Package” is $12,000.00 (Twelve Thousand Dollars Even).
- 1 (ONE) Second Place Winner | The Second Place Winner will be awarded $2,000.00 (Two Thousand Dollars Even) Cascade River Gear Gift Certificate to be spent at Cascade River Gear.
- 1 (ONE) Third Place winner. | The Third Place Winner will be awarded $1,000.00 (One Thousand Dollars Even) Cascade River Gear Gift Certificate to be spent at Cascade River Gear.
Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Cascade River Gear. No cash or other prize substitution will be permitted. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. Any shipping cost of the Maravia “Dream Boat Package” will be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Cascade River Gear to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of marketing, advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
The odds of winning depend on the number of quality eligible entries received.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Winners of the Capture the Rapture photo contest will be selected at the sole discretion of the Sponsor Judges (select Cascade River Gear employees). Judges will consider entries based on expression of the River Life theme, adherence to contest rules, basic photography technical practices, (focus, exposure, lighting, white balance, composition) Wow! Factor, Commercial/editorial quality, inspirational merit, artistic expression and authenticity. The Judging Criteria are to be applied in the sole discretion of Sponsor Judges; each entrant agrees to be bound by and not challenge the final decisions of Sponsor Judges. Weekly Winners are eligible for the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize Winner will be selected based on the same Judging Criteria as the Weekly Winners. The Submission awarded the highest score based on the Judging Criteria is the Promotion Grand Prize Winner. Winners will be notified via email to the email address they provided with their entry. Cascade River Gear shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. Winner will also be announced on Social Media Outlets. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Photo Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by you: By entering this contest you understand that Cascade River Gear, anyone acting on behalf of Cascade River Gear, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Photo Contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
- The photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the Contest entrant. By entering the Contest, entrant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the photograph.
- If you choose to include people in your submission, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary releases from the individuals depicted, and must be able to provide copies of those releases to Cascade River Gear upon request.
- Terms: Cascade River Gear reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Photo Contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Photo Contest. In such case, Cascade River Gear may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Cascade River Gear. Cascade River Gear reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Photo Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
Cascade River Gear has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Photo Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by photo contest rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the photo contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Cascade River Gear reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering the Photo Contest you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from Cascade River Gear. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Cascade River Gear and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the Photo Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS PHOTO CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF The United States of America AND Boise, Idaho. WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Photo Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Photo Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Boise, Idaho having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Photo Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Cascade River Gear | 604 E 45thStreet | Boise | ID | 83714 | USA. Requests must be received no later than December 15, 2021.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Photo Contest is Cascade River Gear | 604 E 45thStreet | Boise | ID | 83714 | USA.
CTR Entry Submission Form
- Read all contest rules and terms above.
- Name your file: CTR-22-your first and last name plus the number of your entry.
- Example: CTR-22-AnselAdams1.jpg, CTR-22-AnselAdams2.jpg, etc.
- Form is only available on a desktop or tablet.
- Form will be available on October 3rd 2022 @ 12am MST – October 30th 2022 @ 11:59pm MST