How do you make a wood oar that is counterbalanced, yet floats like a standard oar? Sawyer makes the end closest to the handle square, thus adding more mass to shift more weight to the inboard end. The result is low swing weight, the feel of wood, the strength of carbon fiber and is a delight to row! Built of specially selected and processed laminated Doug Fir – running clear through from tip to tip, the integral Dynelite Blade is reinforced with a proprietary lay-up of carbon fiber, Dynel™, Kevlar™, fiberglass and epoxy over the same wood fibers that originate at the handle end of the oar… Incredibly light, strong and tough.
- Solid laminated Douglas Fir wood oar
- Carbon Fiber Braid reinforced shaft
- Carbon fiber reinforced DyneLite blade with Dynel and Kevlar ProTip protection
- Counter balanced “Square Top”
- Comes standard with rope wrap and rubber stop
There are no reviews yet.